The following is a list of items that are needed for most of our outdoor courses:
Warm inner layers of clothing **DO NOT wear cotton garments next to your skin**
- Outer layers that will keep you dry (i.e.: Gortex or your ski wear)
- At least 2 pairs of gloves or mittens
- Warm hat
- Sunglasses or clear lens glasses – helps keep ice chips out of the eyes
- Gaiters are helpful to keep feet dry and avoid loose clothing around the ankles
- A pack to carry gear and extra clothing (at least 2500 cubic inch capacity)
- Extra warm clothing (we climb in any weather)
- Plenty of water, hot drinks are nice, munchies/lunch (remember: food = warmth)
- A hard shell plastic lace-up boot*, or leather crampon-compatible climbing boot.
If you have the following (but not required):
- Climbing Harness
- Large pear-shaped locking Carabiner and Belay Device (ATC recommended)
- Ice Axes* (shorter, technical type, not the longer mountaineering type)
Feel free to Contact Us with any questions…we are excited to see you on the trip!